Highly creative and analytical Software Engineer with experience in a wide variety of platforms, languages, and technologies. Passionate about application design and development. Exceptional code structure and organization resulting in robust and reliable software. Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- MySQL, MSSQL, and SQLite database schema design and administration.
- Unity 3d and XNA development.
- OpenGL, OpenAL, DirectX, and Direct3d APIs.
Freelance Software Engineer
Contractor Jul. 2012 - Current
Build custom applications for mobile, web, and desktop computers. Specialize in games, entertainment, and other creative areas of development.
- Developed an augmented reality application for mobile devices. Users are able to generate 3d content in real time using sound and touch. Application supports multiple languages and additional downloadable content.
- Lead developer for Ctrl+Console. Created user interface using NGUI, set up system for sending midi messages to the computer, and handled implementing in app purchases.
Owner, Lead Programmer Feb. 2009 - Current
Founded company to develop new and imaginative video games. Work is completed on a spare time basis.
- Released "EchoSpace" to the Xbox Indie Games Marketplace (C#, XNA).
- Built a custom game engine using Python and the OpenGL API.
- Created a powerful level editor using wxWidgets.
- Completed several small scope games using Unity 3d, for example Grav Wing and Attack of the Space Boulders.
Visionary Services, Inc.
Software Engineer Dec. 2006 - Jul. 2012
Developed and supported custom internet applications. These systems are vital to the daily operations of the client. They have received praise for being powerful, reliable, and easy to use.
- Created a PHP framework that is now in use company wide. The framework speeds up initial development, allows for easier and more timely expansions and enhancements, beefs up security, and provides a better overall end product.
- Developed and launched multiple mission critical web applications from the ground up. They are robust content management systems that implement complex business rules and multiple user roles.
- Enhanced several live systems with reporting capabilities, task automation, and additional features and tools.
Mediacom Communications, LLC
Tier 4 NOC Tools Development Apr. 2006 - Dec. 2006
Administrated and developed software tools for the Network Operations Center.
- Created a central website that integrated all NOC related web based tools.
- Developed a multi-threaded telnet scripting tool used to quickly gather large amounts of data not otherwise available through other reporting tools.
- Administrated several network monitoring and reporting tools.
Tier 4 NOC Analyst Sept. 2005 - Apr. 2006
Team lead for daily operations. Monitored and supported network components. Scheduled and approved network impacting maintenance company wide.
Tier 3 NOC Operator Dec. 2004 - Sept. 2005
Network Operations Center, monitored and supported network components.
Internet Support Associate Nov. 2003 - Dec. 2004
Provided advanced support for business class Internet accounts.
Internet Support Representative Dec. 2002 - Nov. 2003
Provided technical support for Internet connection related issues.